Vijay Eco Society
Vijay Eco Society has been established in 15th August, 2019 under the departments of Botany, Chemistry, Microbiology and Zoology, Sri Vijay Vidyalaya College of Arts and Science. Vijay Eco Society is a faculty and student run organization that works with environmental awareness. The chief purpose of instituting the Vijay Eco Society is to conserve the biodiversity and bioresources. This Society plays a significant role in creating environmental awareness in the middle of the future generation. Where also this society, create healthy and green environment and make awareness among public and students. The society encourages the students to have an eco-friendly life style and to make a more sustainable green campus.
- To encourage the students to maintain their environment green and clean through tree plantation.
- To make awareness to conservation of forest and other natural biodiversity in the scientific way.
- To keep hygiene environment of in and around the campus.
- To educate students to create awareness about usage of plastics and other non-environmental things and their proper recycling process
- The Society organizes the seminars, lectures, workshops, and debates on environmental issues.
- Contact the movement recycling of glass and metals, conservation of water, conservation of tree and awareness about gardens to increase green cover.
- Tree plantation and to make cleanliness and green of both in and outside of the campus.
Dr. S. SIVAKUMAR, M.Sc., B.Ed., M. Phil., Ph.D.,
Head, Department of Chemistry
Dr. K. MUTHURAJ, M.Sc., Ph.D., Assistant Professor in Botany
Ms. R. NANDHINI II-M.Sc. Chemistry
Dr. S. JAGATHESKUMAR, M.Sc., Ph.D., Assistant Professor in Botany
Ms. K. BHUVANESHWARI II-M.Sc. Botany
Social Media Team:
Dr. S. SATHISKUMAR, M.Sc., B.Ed., Ph.D., Assistant Professor in Chemistry
Dr. A. MAHABOOB ALI, M.Sc., M.Phil., Ph.D., M.A (SOCIOLOGY)., M.A (ENGLISH)., (SOCIOLOGY)., PGDEM., PGDEAS., Assistant Professor in Microbiology