DEPARTMENT OF MICROBIOLOGY
Department of Microbiology was established with the B.Sc., Degree Course in the year of 2019.The Microbiology Department is also a recognized center with affiliation to Periyar University since 2019. Four of our faculty members are experts in different fields of teaching. Our graduate students won gold medal and a number of positions in university examinations conducted by Periyar University Salem-11, Tamilnadu, India.
Two laboratories in the department have been equipped with innovative equipment. Till now our department achieved 2 Gold medal and 11 University ranks in UG Degree Programmes. The department aims at the overall development of the students by involving them in various academic and non-academic programs like seminars, exhibitions, workshops, cultural events, and guest lecturers and awareness, motivation programs etc. The faculties put forth hard endeavors to develop the skills of the students. The department has registered good academic records both in university examinations and placement drives also etc.
- Initiatives and pioneering hard work for the establishment of the Department of Microbiology in the year 2019 in UG.
- In decades past, microbiologists worked mainly in laboratory research settings. With our new appreciation of the role of microbes in our world, microbiologists now work in a variety of contexts, including food production, environmental science, medicine and basic research.
- To provide students with the critical faculties necessary in an academic environment on the job, and in an increasingly complex, interdependent world.
- The vision of the Department of Microbiology is that the knowledge in theory and practical aspects of Microbiology is imperative for the development of the Country.
- To evaluate highly ethical and innovative microbiology experts through excellence in teaching, training & research with current and advanced trends.
- To serve the local and the national community by creating awareness about microbiology related products.
- The Department considers its mission as to produce personal with expertise for highest standards in the field of Microbiology to cater the increasing demand in the country for Microbiologists.
- To conduct training programs, seminars, conferences, extracurricular activities and placement training to help students progress beyond their potential and guide them to achieve their dreams.
- To exhibit globally competent professionals motivated to learn the emerging technologies through a rigorous curriculum.
- To impart technical values with modern programming languages and employability skills to the students.
- To support the students in developing the skills to solve the complex technological problems of modern society.
Candidate must have passed class 12th with a science stream from a recognized institution and board. Compulsory subjects should be Chemistry, Biology, and Physics and additional subjects can be English, Computer Science, Biotechnology, Botany, and zoology. Candidates with a B.Sc degree in other subjects can also apply for this course on the basis of their 12th grade. Candidates should have secured minimum 50-60% marks in the last qualifying examination.
PASS PERCENTAGE ( 2019-2023) :
UNIVERSITY GOLD MEDALS AND RANKS :(2022-2023)
UNIVERSITY GOLD MEDALIST: 02
NAME OF THE GOLD MEDALISTS
1st – Gold Medal
1st – Gold Medal
UNIVERSITY RANK HOLDERS: 11
NAME OF THE STUDENTS
LIST OF ESSENTIAL EQUIPMENTS IN THE DEPARTMENT
- UV-Visible Spectrometer
- Laminar Air Flow
- Bod Incubator
- Digital Incubater
- Hot Air Oven
- Digital Colony Counter
Books in Library
Journals in Library