Department of Mathematics
The department of Mathematics was established in the year of 2009-2010. The Department of Mathematics has the recognized courses, such as, B.Sc [Mathematics] and M.Sc [Mathematics]. It offers M.Phil course (Full time & Part time) with effect from 2012-2013. The vision of the department is not only to transform young people to become motivated professionals but also to contribute to the development of the nation. The department has at present 26 energetic and dedicated faculty members.
The department has also been actively engaged in organizing workshops and seminars frequently. The department has produced University Ranks every year in UG & PG.
- To provide students with knowledge and insight in mathematics, so that they are able to work as mathematical professionals.
- To prepare them to pursue higher studies and contact research in math field.
- To train students to deal with the problems faced by industry through knowledge of mathematics and scientific computational techniques.
- To introduce the fundamentals of mathematics to students and strengthen the students logical and analytical ability.
- To transform young people to become motivated professionals and to contribute to the development of the nation.
- To impart of quality mathematics education and the inculcate the spirit of research through innovative teaching and research methodologies.
- To achieve high standards of excellence in generating and propagating knowledge in Mathematics. To provide a mathematical knowledge/skill that combines rigorous academics with joy of discovery.
- To provide an environment where students can learn and become competent users of mathematics.
- To understand the use of mathematics in other disciplines and apply the same in day to day life.
- To be a leading Mathematics Department in the state.
- To develop as a global center of learning, academic excellence, and innovative research.
- To provide our major with sufficient understanding and experience of mathematics to pursue their careers or graduate study of mathematics.
- To provide students in other programs using mathematics with robust mathematical tools they can use immediately, together with an understanding sufficient to grasp future quantitative developments in their fields.
- To enable students in other majors to gain a greater level of quantitative literacy as part of a foundation for lifelong learning and critical thinking, so that they can more fully participate in the deliberations of an advanced technological society.
A Pass in the Higher Secondary Examination of Tamil Nadu Higher Secondary Board or some other Board accepted by the Syndicate as equivalent thereto with Mathematics as a compulsory subject.
A candidate who has passed B.Sc., Mathematics / B.Sc., Mathematics (Computer Applications) degree of this University or any of the above degree of any other University accepted by the Syndicate equivalent thereto.
Master of Philosophy:
- Aspiring candidates should have a Master’s degree in science, arts or engineering. Candidates need to acquire 55% marks in the subject chosen for M.Phil. course or an allied subject at the postgraduate level to be considered eligible for the course. The percentage Norm may vary from Institute to Institute.
- A written test maybe conducted to assess the candidate’s knowledge. Those who qualify in the written test will be required to appear in an interview. Certain institute’s waiver entrance test, if the candidate has qualified in NET, SET or equivalent national level examination.
- The admission procedure and mode of selection for admission to Master of Philosophy (M.Phil.) through distance learning however, may vary from one Institute to another. Some Institutes have specified added eligibility criteria for admitting candidates into their distance learning M.Phil. program.
- Mr. M. RAGUNATHAN, M.Sc., B.Ed., M.Phil., Head of the department
- Mr. A. SENTHIL, M.Sc., B.Ed., M.Phil., SE Assistant Professor
- Mr. M. JAYARAJ, M.Sc., B.Ed., M.Phil., Assistant Professor
- Mr. M. RAMAKRISHNAN, M.Sc., B.Ed., M.Phil., Assistant Professor
- Mr. M. MOHAN, M.Sc., B.Ed., M.Phil., Assistant Professor
- Mrs. M. KALAIVANI, M.Sc., B.Ed., M.Phil., Assistant Professor
- Mr. K. KUMAR, M.Sc., B.Ed., M.Phil., Assistant Professor
- Mr. B. GOVINDARAJ, M.Sc., B.Ed., M.Phil., SET Assistant Professor
- Ms. M. MUTHULAKSHMI, M.Sc., B.Ed., M.Phil., Assistant Professor
- Mr. J. VENKATESAN, M.Sc., B.Ed., M.Phil., Assistant Professor
- Mrs. C. SINDHU, M.Sc., B.Ed., Assistant Professor
- Ms. G. JABASUDHA, M.Sc., B.Ed., Assistant Professor