Department of Sociology
This department was established in the year 2020.
- To acquire the knowledge and concepts of sociology.
- To analyze the contributions of Indian and Western Sociologists.
- To explain the relationship between social system of India and education
- To analyze the role of social system in national integration and International understanding.
- To promote the scope and functions of sociology.
- To explain the effect of social change on social stratification and social deviants.
- To make an awareness about the social constraints on social change of India.
- To develop the social process and social progress through proper social system.
- To promote the industrialization, modernization and urbanization by creating various social innovative situation.
- To know about the constitutional ideas, social equity and equality of educational opportunities.
- To know the effect of Liberalization Privatization and Globalization on social system.
- To develop the international understanding and national integration by mitigating social disparities.
A Pass in the Higher Secondary Examination of Tamil Nadu Higher Secondary Board or some other Board accepted by the Syndicate as equivalent thereto.
- Dr.P.Renu Priya, M.A., M.Phil., Ph.D., SET., Head of the Department