Department of Geography
The department was established in the year 2015. This department offers the Geography UG course 2015. The first batch of students Received good results and 1-Gold medal; 8-Rank (2015-2018).They also Received another second batch of 1-Gold Medal and 5-Ranks. Overall 2-Gold Medal and 13-Ranks
- To Promote the study and research activities in different branches for the subject.
- To bring Geographical awareness among the people to solve day to day environmental problems.
- To educate the masses for proper use and reuse of Natural and Human resources.
- To contribute to make the environment clean and efforts to create Greener and Better globe.
- To join all disciplines in the academic domain on the issues of development in the social, ecological and economic aspect.
- To provide its students with educational experiences of the highest quality.
- To conduct vital research that produces valuable publications.
- To promote scholarly activities within the framework of academic freedom and diversity of ideas.
- To work towards the advancement of knowledge and to serve our communities, from local to global.
- To lead the development of academic, educational, and research directions of human and natural systems.
- To solve Urban and Rural Problems and geospatial information science, harnessing the integrative nature of geographic science to answer fundamental questions of global importance.
- To offer the students the highest quality instruction and mentoring.
- To necessitate the mastery of a variety of skills in spatial analysis, application of field based techniques and interpretation, analytical laboratory practices and the use of technology.
- To promote a clear understanding of key concepts and basic methodology in geographical fields.
- To prepare the students to think like geographers, earth scientists and planners.
- To cherish and enhance our communities and the natural environment.
- To assume significant roles in problem solving using critical thinking in Geographicak Domain.
- To promote research and communication skills developed in their learning experience.
A candidate who has passed Higher Secondary Examination in academic or vocational stream with any subject under higher secondary board of examinations, Tamil Nadu.
- Dr.R.Vasanthi, M.Sc.,M.Phil.,Ph.D., Head of the Department
- Dr.K.Sankar, M.Sc.,B.Ed.,M.Phil.,Ph.D., Assistant Professor
- Dr.A.Arunselvam, M.Sc.,M.Phil.,Ph.D., Assistant Professor